We love self-care and it comes with so many benefits. Here are some MORE self-care tips that won’t break the bank!
Savasana Post-Workout, No Matter What Your Workout
I love HIIT, sprint, boxing, kettlebell and jump roping workouts but I also love having the workout feel like its part of my-self relaxing care routine. So sometimes after completing one of the workouts mentioned above, I do this fun 5-minute “Savasana” cool-down routine after.
- Turn on some white noise. (I have some white noise on my phone that feature sounds of nature.)
- Lay down and savasana! You don’t have to do yoga to savasana.
- Think some happy thoughts, pray and set some intentions for the day.
- Sometimes I even dab a little lavender oil on before I start this. (Totally optional)
Warm & Cold Towels
I love warm and cold hand towels post workout. If you are looking to get the feel of a fancy spa or workout facility here is a simple way to. Dip the towel in either cold or warm water (which ever your prefer), dab a few of your favorite drops of essential oil and then apply to skin post workout.
Treat yourself to a Dr. Teal’s Foot Soak. Even the large bags of the foot soak are less than $9.99 a pop and are a great way to relax at the end of the day when watching one of your favorite tv shows. I love the lavender and cooling peppermint ones!
Sleep is critical to overall health goals. And in this crazy digital world it is best to put yourself on a digital device curfew. Some activities that will help get you ready for bed:
- Relaxing tea
- If you have that special someone well…you know;)
Make Your Bed Your Sanctuary
- Invest an in a fan. Decent fans start as low as $14. Here is one! Face it towards your bed. It provides great white noise while sleeping in addition to a cooling effect.
- Clear your dresser desktops.
- Make your bedroom a digital free zone. Keep phones, computers, tvs, etc out of your bedroom.
- Keep room cool. Studies show the best sleeping temperature at 67-68 F.
- Use essential oils like lavender. Lavender has a relaxing feel.
Take a Nap
Honestly sometimes what we all need is a nap, some sleep and downtime. Can you believe as kids we fought nap time so hard?
Leave a comment below and let us know how you like to relax!
For PART I of our self-care click HERE.
For programs designed for the working professional checkout our SHOP.